Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tasty Tuesday--Almond-Crusted Tilapia

I'm packing up my classroom today for the summer...pretty exciting! Might just fix me up some-a this for supper tonight as my reward. It's that good.


Almond-Crusted Tilapia
As you can see, this recipe isn't really healthy. Obviously what makes it so amazing is that it sizzles away in not just olive oil, but butter. Doesn't butter make everything taste better?

1 cup sliced toasted almonds, divided
1/4 all-purpose flour
4 tilapia filets
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. olive oil

1. Process 1/2 cup almonds in a food processor until finely chopped, and combine with flour in a shallow bowl.
2. Sprinkle fish evenly with salt and pepper; dredge in almond/flour mixture. 
3. Melt butter with olive oil in a large heavy skillet (cast-iron is the best!) over med-high heat. Add fish and cook until golden brown on either side (about 3 minutes). Don't over cook!
*4. Remove fillets from skillet. Add remaining 1/2 cup almonds to skillet, and cook, stirring often, 1 minute or until golden. Remove almonds with a slotted spoon and sprinkle over fish.

*I completely left off step 4. I didn't read to divide the almonds and so I processed them all. This step is completely optional, but sounds like it would make this dish even more delicious!
I also only used 2 fillets, but it isn't necessary to change the amount of any of the ingredients. 
Enjoy!

I found an old recipe book of mine at my parents house recently, and that's where this recipe was written, so I'm not sure of where it originally came.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for answering my question of "What am I going to cook for dinner tonight??" :)

    ReplyDelete