Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Garlic Shrimp and Family Ties

So, this recipe is pretty special because it was one of my grandmother's, my "Granny". My Aunt Nita gave me this recipe and it's labeled as "from Henry and Shirley's Saturday Night Suppers."

My beautiful grandma, way before she was a Granny.

I love, love the fact that this is a meal that my grandma, grandpa, aunts, and dad enjoyed as a family on a regular basis. To me, it makes it taste even better.

Garlic Shrimp
1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2-1 stick butter (I used 1/2 a stick)
3-4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs--Panko crumbs were delish!

Preheat oven to 350. Saute garlic in butter until soft, but not brown. Pour over shrimp. Add bread crumbs and mix until well-coated. Place the shrimp in a casserole dish. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until just pink. 
Andy added Texas Pete to his, as he usually does. It actually was really good. I might even mix some in with the bread crumb/butter mixture before baking next time.


This is also a segway into something new I'm going to try to do on here. My father-in-law recently gave me a collection of recipes that belonged to his mother, and my Aunt Nancy gave me recipes from my other grandma, MaMa. My goal is to make EVERY recipe from both collections.

This could be interesting, considering the collections include recipes for things such as "Chop Suoy" and "Frozen Nesselrode Amadine".

Swallow. I know your mouths are watering.

On second thought, maybe I won't make every recipe. I mean, that might just be torture for Andy. And me.

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing. I could eat some right now. A friend is brining us 10 lbs of fresh shrimp on Thursday. I'm coming up with a tons of way to use it! And the Texas Pete idea is fab!

    ReplyDelete