Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Texas Wedding Weekend

We spent last weekend "deep in the heart of Texas" for the wedding of these two wonderful people...

Aren't they cuuuute?!

Emily and I were sorority sisters and I love her dearly. So, when I got the save-the-date, there was no way I was going to miss seeing this beautiful girl marry the love of her life.  It was GOING to happen! And Tyler is an awesome catch. While I don't know him all that well, I did get to spend a weekend with him at our friend, Lauren's, house in Lake Lure, NC back in the fall. He is so personable and easy-going. You can see how much he loves Emily, and, of course, I love that.

Toasting the newly engaged couple...

and pulling on our Gamecocks to a victory over Florida to win the SEC East!
Which was followed by a celebratory jump in the lake...in November.
Gotta love a good cookie-on-a-stick! They're a tradition :)

Okay, back to the wedding weekend. 
As soon as we landed in Dallas on Friday afternoon, Andy and I were on a mission: find some Tex-Mex and a margarita(s). We took the advice of the bride and groom, and headed straight to a place called Mi Cocina, which was in a really neat area of downtown Dallas. 
The groom's brother, Jordan, recommended the "Mambo Taxi" at Mi Cocina: a frozen margarita with a "swirl" of sangria. 
It.was.aaaaaamazing.
I know it looks like it would be really sweet and sugar-y, but it definitely was not. I had two. And now I know why they call it the "Mambo Taxi". 

And the food. Oh, the food. 
Andy ordered the steak fajitas. I ordered the brisket quesadilla which came with a heaping mound of guacamole, and.....wait for it.......a side of BBQ sauce. Only in Texas, right? The brisket quesadilla was by far THE best. Don't get me wrong, the steak fajita was delish, 

but holy-guacamole....the brisket.
It was so good, we didn't want any of it to go to waste, so we did what any food-loving person would do....we gorged ourselves and ate until we could eat no more. That's normal, right? Just say yes.

That night was the rehearsal dinner, which was at Gilley's, a huuge saloon. Raise your hand if you've ever seen John Travolta's most captivating performance in Urban Cowboy. We all have. This is the place where the magic of Urban Cowboy happened. 
At the rehearsal, we drank many, many more yummy margaritas and ate more yummy brisket and tex-mex. There was a heart-warming slide show telling the story of Emily and Tyler, and then we line-danced! They had a line-dance instructor and all! It was so much fun.

With the beautiful bride...

and the handsome groom.

Finally, it was the day of the wedding.
Our day started off with Mexican food, and a taste-testing of margaritas. 
What else would you have expected?

Andy opted for the "original". 

Lauren chose "peach"

and I went for the "El Pepino"
with crushed cucumbers and jalapenos.

All three passed the taste-bud test.

On to the gorgeous wedding.
The wedding was located at beautiful Marie Gabrielle. I wish I had gotten more pictures of the venue, because it really was breath-taking. Manicured gardens, oak trees...beautiful. 

This picture definitely does not do it justice. 

I wish I had a picture of the bride! I didn't have my camera. These pictures were taken by Lauren, the girl above. We were too busy dancing and sipping champagne to take pictures!

All in all, it was a wonderful weekend with a great group of college friends who I wish I got to see more often. 
I am so happy for Emily and Tyler and I know they will have a lifetime to happiness together!


Next wedding recap:
 Kelsey and John's Charleston "Rum Punch" wedding

3 comments:

  1. That looks like such a fun weekend and I have a feeling I would LOVE that Mambo Taxi! I just found your blog and am a new follower! Please stop by mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm all those drinks look delish. I have had a sangria swirl before...yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mambo Taxi's for the next supper club! Love your outfits.

    ReplyDelete