Monday, October 3, 2011

Tasty Tuesday--Chicken Enchilada Soup

The weather is cooling down here (and by cooling down, I mean it's not in the 90's anymore), and I've been craving some soup.

When I make soup, I can't help but think of this guy.
Who doesn't love Seinfeld? If you don't, I'm not sure we can be friends.

Have any of you ever had the Baja Enchilada Soup from Atlanta Bread? Well, it is our favorite, but I never see it there anymore. I found this recipe on pinterest and had to try it. I did make some minor changes. And it was freakin' awesome.

Serves 6

1/2 of a deli rotisserie chicken, torn in bite size pieces
3 cups chicken broth, low sodium
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (19 oz.) can enchilada sauce (medium or mild...I used medium)
1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
1 (10 3/4oz) can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
1 (10 oz.) packaged frozen corn
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon house seasoning (garlic salt, salt, pepper)

1. In a large soup pot, saute onion and peppers in oil over medium high heat, until soft--about 5 minutes. 
2. Add all other ingredients and mix until well-blended.
3. Let simmer over medium heat for 10-15 minutes.

*for thicker soup, make a cornstarch/water paste and stir into soup, adding until you get desired thickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment