Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tasty Tuesday--7 Layer Greek Dip

I am in love with Greek food. It is my third favorite...behind Mexican and Italian.
So when I saw this 7-Layer Greek Dip on Pinterest, I had to make it. Had to.  
And I had the perfect occasion to make it.  
We had a shower for all 7 of the pregnant ladies at work (yes...7), 
and my grade level was assigned "dips."  Everyone loved it, including the knocked up chicks.  The original recipe came from here. 


7-Layer Greek Dip
1 8oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon dill weed
3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 1/2 cup hummus
1 cup seeded and diced cucumbers
1 cup seeded and dice tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped Kalamata olives
1/3 cup chopped green onions (about 3)
1/2 cup crumbled feta
1/8-1/4 cup minced parsley

With an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, dill weed, garlic, and lemon juice until light and fluffy. Spread in the bottom of a pie plate. Then spread a layer of hummus. Then cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, onions, feta, and parsley.

*Next time, I will probably decrease the garlic to 2 cloves. 
*I skipped the parsley layer.
*You can make it healthier by using fat free or reduced fat cream cheese.
*Substitute salt-free Greek seasoning for dill weed, if desired.




1 comment: